View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: I Need Help With A Very Important Decision!!! (NOT Related to Poker)

Consider what you want to do later and maybe that will help. If you ever intend to go to law school, philosophy might be better. Doesn't sound like it though, and I'd recommend psychology in general anyway. Keep some things in mind though:

Psychology majors get work in their field generally for a few specific qualities, and those don't include the ability to write five to ten page opinion papers. The most valuable thing you're likely to come out of a psych. program with is the ability to use SPSS to run statistics, and in fact research-based garduate programs in psychology find mathematical skill to be extremely valuable. This kind of goes with your interest in economics, and there are all kinds of new things being done with actuarial risk assessment, so I can definitely see a connection there. I don't really see a connection between economics and philosophy, but ultimately only you can decide whether there is one or not based on your more specific interests within both fields.