View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Round figure syndrome

Try setting a round figure as a total bankroll goal - make it far enough above your current bankroll that's it's reachable, but not in one session - then feed your bankroll towards that round number. The time thing might work. It's a shame to leave a good game because of a pre-ordained time framework, but if you are close to making it to a rounded time increment, at least you can play tight until that time comes, as opposed to pushing for an extra buck or two. The time can be the round number. I'll play 3 hours on the dot, and divide my total win by 3 to get my hourly. Then round down your hourly if you tell anyone about your session - that way you actually made a little higher hourly than you reported. And that little overage can be used to mentally compensate for a slight underage. I'm at 4938, but I quit last time at 5102, so that evens out to 5K. Just wierd tricks or gimmicks that may or may not work. I use them all at various times to combat round number syndrome if it's affecting my play.

Discipline,
JobyWan