View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: confused by hyper loose tables

[ QUOTE ]
most likely you didn't play many hands. live games can run about 30 hands per hour. how many hands do we usually look at to perform rudimentary analyses? about 10000. it's very easy to run very well or very poorly in the short term in these games. but over the long haul, proper play will lead to large winnings at loose passive tables. whether KK holds up one or twice or three times in one session is not relevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was probably wrong to bring up a particular bad beat, and again, that's not what I was posting about. And yes the sample size very is small. And it seems I didn't phrase my question very well, but it seems you answered it well. The question more accurately stated, is "Are tables with 50-80% VP$IP beatable on a regular basis, or are they a more risky form of gambling (lower EV)? It sounds like a stupid question me, higher VP$VP should equal more +EV. I can also see, though, that more players drawing more frequently will hit more big hands. That is what makes the question valid to me, and makes me wonder what (if anything) I'm missing.

Your answer, as I understand it, is that I'm not missing anything except long term data (and seemingly cards), and that's what I was hoping to hear. Thank you.