View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: AKs gets turn checkraised.

[ QUOTE ]
When you raised the flop and he re-raised, he was defining his hand, and he's telling you he's got at least TP, maybe A9 or maybe a set. Your subsequent call gives him a pretty good idea that you have OC's rather than an over-pair.

And then when the Ace comes on the turn, he CR's you. I realize the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is tantalizing, and gives you the illusion that now you have something, but it also can make you forget what you may have learned from his flop re-raise. His CR tells you he either doesn't care about the Ace or maybe that it just adds strength to his hand. He has, or should have, a pretty good idea that you just paired your Ace, yet he CRs.

He has bet-reraised youon the flop and then CRed you on the turn. What does he have to do to convince you? Time to bail out! Fold this to his CR.

bc

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered the flop action and the turn checkraise. The check-raise felt like he was trying to get an extra bet from me, putting me on an ace. Villain is aggressive, but not maniac agressive. So I agree with your points that folding to the turn checkraise is correct.

I called down BTW [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]