View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Re: AA, should I keep raising?

Yikes. I'm not worried about SB because he 3-bet PF, he could have KK or something like that, and we're obviously not worried about that.

But dude. UTG is LPP? Notice that he call/3-bet the flop. This means he has an absolute monster and he is trapping everyone for bets. He doesn't want to raise right after the SB because he fears losing the field. But when you've all put some bets in, he can trap everyone for more bets with a 3-bet.

This is one of the very rare instances that I would not cap this flop; what can UTG possibly have here that you beat? AA is a nice hand and all, but there is no way in hell you are in front here.

Knowing that he has a monster, I'm folding the turn to SBs bet. Yes, it's very rare that I lay aces down especially on the turn, but you are screwed and you don't have much chance of improving. Edit: Actually, you've got enough odds to call the turn to spike an ace as long as it's not raised behind you.

Notice that he pulled the call/3-bet play AGAIN on the turn. He's screaming "HELLO, I HAVE A MONSTER" and you're ignoring him.

Your coldcall on the river is awful. Call the turn, fold the river UI.