View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 05:59 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker a violation of T and C according to Intertops

PE has come out with a new release recently, but I don't think that has anything to do with this. I suspect that they've gotten a bunch of complaints about software in general, along with a bunch of inquiries as well into alleged programs out there that purportedly "read your cards" and such. Although this stuff is merely rumor, the weight of such inquiries and complaints may have prompted Party to look into the matter more closely, in which they concluded that they perhaps would be better off without this software. Adding to this may be the perception that this may be cutting their rake by both making it more difficult for the "average" player, and syphoning off potential revenue by way of withdrawals from these "cheating" players.

Classifying any of this stuff under "cheating" is of course ridiculous, although you are pretty much at their mercy when it comes to interpreting their aggreements.

I really don't know how many users PE has but I would expect them to be very active players generally, and thus would contribute a fair bit to their rake. This of course would be lost if they aren't able to continue on, as a lot would probably play elsewhere given all this. In addition, the software spook in general is bound to spill over to users of other software, who may leave out of confusion or fear they may be next.

According to the people at PE, they are in "discussion" with Party, but I'm not sure anything will come of this. In my dealings with their network I've found them to be both arrogant and inflexible. Time will tell though I guess.

In the end this is a decision that will probably affect Party and their network's bottom line in a manner they will not anticipate. It's anyone's guess though whether they will be swayed by any of this, but as sure as the sun rises it will happen.

KC
kingcobrapoker.com