View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 04:44 AM

Default Re: My Bustout Hand--Oh The Humanity!!

Hey Rushmore. Sorry to hear that. Thats a tough way to go out.

But to discuu the hand you said you made it 15k on the flop. Does that mean you called the 6 and raised 9k? Or called the 6 and raised 15k? Sound like you raised 9k. I don't think thats enough of a raise to push a flush draw out. Even 15k might not be enough as there is about 23k in the pot and he has to call only 15k. And if he hits it he may double through. But 9k isnt even close to enough. I think you shoulda just moved all in on the flop. If he flopped a set more power to him. But there is too much in there to play around with it and give draws a good price. And if he had AA i think he moves all in preflop. Although not impossible if he's playing the trap game. But most would come back over and all in preflop with AA.

I don't think you reraised enough preflop either. Granted if you knew he had that hand you want him to play. But you are giving him a decent price to call a raise preflop. He's hoping you have Ak or something.

I don't mean to insult your play here just saying it looks like you were underbetting your hand throughout this hand.

It sucks going out of the main event. I played it a few years ago and i was sick when i got knocked out too. I had Ak of diamonds flop came k rag rag with 2 diamonds. Pretty sweet huh? Well my opponent had KK in the hole so not very sweet. If i make a diamond i would been with the chip leaders instead i was on the rail. I felt some pressure playing it too. And played very tight. Except for this loose call i made.

Good luck next year!