View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Re: I just lost $400 on this hand - and I deserved to lose!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They are being described as 'good' in the context of a live game by a fairly inexperienced no limit poker player (particularly in a live setting). Let's not take that classification too far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but this is relevant to him, not us. If they are good compared to Hero then we've got to assume that they are capable of moves that he isn't. And since they aren't, I think it's a good idea to cover all our bases in our analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, I wasn't saying we shouldn't talk about it. I was just saying that we shouldn't assume that since the guy was called 'good' he is 2p2 'good' and won't call with a draw in front of a preflop raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remembered that at one other point in the evening, in the context of some other conversation, Villan said "I'd play JT suited for $20 all night long." $20 is a 4x PFR.

[/ QUOTE ]
That can be fine or that can be terrible. With the starting stacks of 40BB, it is probably pretty close to terrible. But it could be okay if the stacks got a lot deeper and the opponents were weak-tight or whatever. In any case, it is certainly a data point indicating that he's not that good. But not conclusive by any means.