View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Hurricane Dennis, trackingtheeye.net and avoiding Florida real estate

For all you hurricane buffs, go to www.trackingtheeye.net to download an excellent program for following up-to-date satellite images, storm intensity forecasts and so forth.

And a nonsequetorial repeat: www.optoutprescreen.com to stop unwanted "preapproved" credit card solicitations (yes, it is real, even if the website looks like a phishery).

In 1989 I taught as a section instructor for Atmospheric Chemistry at Harvard. Interesting how the models then predicted a lot of what is happening now in terms of global warming and other effects. Only we are here faster. I have one thing to say on this subject, and that is I have decided not to buy any property in Florida. Oh and the other thing is North Carolina's Outer Banks are screwed and within the younger 2+2er's lifetimes the Gulf current will no longer flow up the Atlantic seacoast in the summer, wreaking havoc on weather and fisheries. Oh and Bangladesh will be underwater and they will have to dyke Manhattan.

Back to your regular programming..... Take a look at trackingtheeye.net - nicely done software.

Matt