View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Review on how to play monesters flops.

A live hand from Atlantic city. Here goes
first hand i sit down at 1-2 NL i get AK im under the gun. At the taj you can get in for free so i was delt right away. I raise to 15 and get 4 callers (GOTTA LOVE 1-2) But with fairness to them i would be suspect of someone who just sat down and raised. The flop comes A K A rainbow. So i check my boat. It is checked to the button who bets 30. I smooth call. And the other two fold. The turn is a Q which i think does nothing but help me. Again its rainbow so nothing to worry about. I check to button who bets 60. Again i just smooth call. The river is an 9. This time i knwo i havve to lead out cause i cant run the risk of him checking. The question is how much to bet. The pot is 240. And the guy has about 200 left. So I bet 100? Hows my line good bad where would you gone different. Should i have bet more on the river? Check raised the turn? Turns out the guy called with K 6? The play at these games is horribel i could believe with a board that had a straight a boat and trips possiblle he called with k6? Thats another story the real question was did i get the most out of my monster and what could i have done diff to get more. Comments appreciated.