View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 10:41 AM

Default Results

Interesting. The first poster was the only one who shared my philosophy. In this hand, you are definitely not afraid you are beaten. If he has 56 then you are going to lose a lot of money unless you fill up. Oh well. But your main goal here is to try to get is whole stack in the pot. What me and my brother disagreed on was how to go about doing that.

My brother capped it on the flop and the guy studied him for a minute then folded. My brother said well hindsight is always 20/20 but I don't think so in this case.

I think you have to just call the 3-bet on the flop, then C/R the turn. If he has any big pair you're going to make a lot of money regardless. If he has two big cards then he may be raising to get a free turn card (which is an argument for leading out on the turn, but I would C/R.) I mean if the guy had something like AK or AQ hell even KQ (which I think may be the case, he's just playing at this flop) then you're wanting to give him a card to catch up a little.

As it was he had the dream flop for 77 (7 3 4 rainbow) and killed his action with a 4th bet on the cheap street. Even a donkey can wake up and smell the big hand when you 4 bet it. Capping it on the flop is just giving away valuable information. You have to trap here I think.