View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Burningyen\'s bustout hand (how would you play it?)

[ QUOTE ]
I would feel a little more comfortable with this hand if you had slightly less behind, as then it seems reasonable to try and get your chips in on the flop. As is, I think I probably check-call a bet from villain here (assuming no theatrics from SB) and then fire out on the turn if I miss my draw. If the action goes check-bet-c/r from SB, then I might go ahead and bust out the push overbet on the flop because it's likely to be expensive to keep drawing if I whiff on the turn thanks to the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]
I strongly disagree with just calling any flop bet. You have a monster draw- you want to get in as much money as is possible on the flop. If the CO has been aggressive when checked to, this is an easy check raise. If you think hed raise you with a pretty weak hand if you lead out- id opt for that, because then if you bet out he raises, and you push, you really put him to the test without 2 pr or a set. I really dont like just calling this flop ever. Even against 2 pr you have a better chance at winning the pot than he does. Play this hand as aggressively as you possibly can.