View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Re: For EVERYONE Who Thinks that iPoker is Safe From the U.S. Gov.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any ideas aside from the usual "they won't prosecute" and "there's too many of us" and/or "the industry's too big now?"

[/ QUOTE ]

You also have to realize that no one is going to take the threat too seriously until there's a real threat of enforcement and even prosecution. I know that if the US starts to crack down on internet poker, there's absolutely no way I'm going to jail for my past play. If it gets serious, I'll just quit playing. I think that's why most people aren't so concerned -- at least those of us who derive most of our income from a nonpoker job.

At this point, I'd rather players not take a pro-active response. Why bring even more light to it? Why fuel a legal battle that's luckily not yet developed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose, then, that this topic wouldn't apply to someone such as yourself. Your observations are mostly correct, however. I just disagree that "hiding" would be effective. That'd be like an elephant trying to hide behind a lamp-post: it just ain't happenin'.

So, I aim this (naturally) towards those whom it should concern: professional and semi-professional (working to be professional) players.

Just trying to think long-term +EV for iPoker.

Thanks.