View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: WSOP numbers off by $420,000

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, they aren't even supposed to be playing online anyways. And being 21 for the WSOP should be a given.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
You forget that the money came from your own pockets and then went into somebody else's before getting confiscated.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the logic presented here, there isn't any difference if they take any money won by any <21 player in any normal online MTT and the money "confiscated" here. There isn't any difference in regard to their T&C, if I understand this whole business correctly. Don't any of you find this strange and highly arbitrary? Sure those underaged players can't play the WSOP because of US laws, but if so many underaged players DID play WSOP sats and obviously some of them qualified, it really looks like it's something that could have been anticipated.

I understand the point about the money not taken directly from me during the tourney, but if I knew that there's a chance some kid wins a DS I'm playing, and the money goes straight to Stars, I think I would have treated it differently... and I really didn't know, as I'm sure many others didn't know that's the way it's played. For some reason, I think that there are more reasonable solutions for this, like in cases of collusion, that were mentioned here.