View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 10:07 PM

Default Re: For EVERYONE Who Thinks that iPoker is Safe From the U.S. Gov.

I agree that it is currently healthy (understatement of the year), MicroBob. It would be ridiculous for me or anyone to doubt this fact [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] . The growth rate of iPoker is astronomical! And seriously, I'm not trying to cause hysteria among the community either.

However, we have ONE state (ND) attempting to channel the industry into state income VERSUS how many states that have ALREADY specifically prohibited iGambling (iPoker)? WPTE is indeed launching new software for online play, but read it's T/C's -- NO U.S. CITIZEN IS ALLOWED TO PLAY FOR MONEY ON IT. My hope is that Doyle's attempt to purchase it will somehow turn into some sort of political process.

And really, though the report is 1999, you know how political process works -- a year means very little in political terms.

I would rather see a pro-active response from players rather than one that is passive. A passive response does nothing in terms of preserving our game. Just thinking in terms of "best possible" here. Why would we sit and do nothing? Wouldn't one think that the bigger this industry gets, the higher up it will land on the Federal priority list?

Any ideas aside from the usual "they won't prosecute" and "there's too many of us" and/or "the industry's too big now?"