View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Poker prophecy and its ilk

the point people are missing about your post is the main point, which is also a point i made in another thread on this subject. instead they are picking on the side stuff you chose to substantiate your argument. i don't know why it is exactly you chose to start a new thread to add your input to something that has 100 threads on it on this board already, but whatever.

the point is that they, the poker sites, have it in their best interests to not have people THINK that there is a useful piece of software out there that other people are using to take their money. the common man doesn't want to think "hey, for $20 i could be on even footing as the other people. he wants to think "there is no extraneous service that other people have, so this is just poker, and i like to play poker, it's fun, have my money."

even if we completely throw out the idea that they care if another company is making money by attaching it to their company, this makes sense. it just is in their financial interests to try to not scare away anyone, ever. the sharks are the sharks, software or no, and they'll be there no matter what happens. when you top this off with the fact that the sharks really don't care about the existence of prophecy, it becomes even clearer. the target audience of this product in particular is the player who plays a medium amount, maybe makes a little money, maybe loses a little money, but thinks that hey, $20 to give me an edge, booyah! boom goes the dynamite. those are the people that prophecy snookers into sending them $20 for a service that is nothing but wildly random numbers thrown on a screen. oh, i guess the service also includes as a free throw-in the possibility of having your account siezed because the software is against the site's T&C. but that's never told to you by prophecy.

if prophecy were a legitimate business, they would put in their webpage (or if they have a method of pushing a message to their downloaded client) immediately a note to their customers containing as good an explaination as possible of the current goings-on, as well as a note to not use their product until such time as the matter is clarified.

they should also, in my opinion, offer the money back to anyone who wants it.

citanul