View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Small Pairs in BB

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a situation I am constantly faced with.

You are playing 5/10NL, everyone has around $1000 (if that even matters). You are in BB and get dealt 22. Everyone folds to button who raises to $40.... Your action?

How would you play this against someone who is known as a constant blind stealer?

Any comments appreciated!

Thanks,
Bill Ivey

[/ QUOTE ]

Does your opp generally continuation bet most flops? If so, I would call and then sometimes check-raise the flop on a steal, and sometimes check-raise the flop if I catch the set, and sometimes just check-call the flop without the set and then check-raise the turn. The twos are pretty likely to hold up against random two overs, and this also has the result of slowing him down eventually against you, which can work to your advantage. If you're not playing them to the river, I don't like the auto-push on the flop as a strategy, since it gives up way too much leverage to your opp out of position in light of the reverse implied odds. Much better to check-raise to reverse that on the flop. If your opp won't likely continue-bet it on most flops though, then you need to either lay it down or re-raise pre-flop, because his positional advantage will kill you over time ifhe's not an auto-bettor on a flop that's checked to him.