View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Do you/Can you/Would you fold KK here?

[ QUOTE ]
You have to stop thinking about how much you are up each session. That will only lead you down a road toward losing poker. You have to play each hand the way it should be played.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and no. We can't allow our bankroll, or our current session up or down to influence our in-hand decisions. Which I admit, did contribute *slightly* to how I ended up playing this hand. One long game, make the best decision each time, blah blah blah, I agree.

However, one of the reasons I make a nice chunk of change at internet poker is because I quit winners. I don't say I am going to play x hours, or quit when I am up so many BB's. It's all by feel based upon table situation, my current attitude and image, etc. Poker is my only income right now, and my obligations are minimal, so I can play 24/7 if I want. This allows me to play 6 mini sessions spread out over the day if I choose too. Optimally I would like to win each session, each day, each week, etc. I do it all by feel, no set rules.

Here, I was up $160 on the session. I'm happy with that for a half hour's work. I was leaving the game either after this hand or after one more orbit because I had an obligation away from the computer to take care of.