View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 10:32 AM

Default Re: the psychology of the current 2+2er

[ QUOTE ]
nothing illustrates your point better then "The System"

200+ pages of poker strategy, and what gets the most ink? - The two page cookie cutter solution. - What's the easy to program way to win a poker tournament -

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding of the system was that one was only supposed to use it if you can't play NL Hold Em nearly as well as any of your opponents, as in the example of the girl who had no playing expererience that he gives in the book. I don't think that the vast majority of people who read the book ever actually thought about implenting the System in a real tournament, except maybe for fun. It is better EV wise, and probably feels better, to play solid poker using the first 200 or so pages of poker theory that David illustrates, and go on to exploit your opponents mistakes the good old fashioned way.

The system, to me, seemed like an afterthought or a novelty, not really to be taken seriously. A kind of, "Hey, look what I thought of!" It might be best in situations where your opponents play ridiculously better than you, but even then, most will lose their chips the old fashioned way.