View Single Post
Old 07-09-2005, 03:26 AM

Default Challenge to those who don\'t like HUDs.

Go through your PT databases. Pick out people that use these tools. Please describe the process you use to determine which players use a HUD and those who don't.

I, for one, gain much more insight into how a player (or type of player) plays in offline study. The HUD allows me to draw on my study. The HUD itself doesn't make me a better player, the study does.

HUDs don't give TAGs a much bigger edge than they already have. I played for a month with no HUD, and didn't notice anything different about my play, or results. I bought PV because I wanted to move beyond 4-tabling, and checking notes was getting a bit frantic. (On a side note, I've moved back down to four tables, since specific player reads not provided by PV were being missed at the table. I still use PV, though.)

For those looking for a better analogy, use the "Guns don't kill people, people kill people." I'd change it to "HUDs don't kill fish, TAGs kill fish.", or something like that. You get the point.

The challenge is up. Show me the stats of someone who clearly uses a HUD. Since the HUD makes them such a better player, it should be fairly easy to do, especially for someone who doesn't rely on a HUD.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm just asking people to justify it. Be objective.