View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Karl Rove is going to jail...if he\'s lucky

Ah, much better.

[ QUOTE ]
Is rummaging around the CIA's personnel files the only way Karl Rove could have access to classified material?

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you know of others? Simply hearing it from someone else is not good enough. He would have had to have access to the classified material listing Plame as a covert agent.

[ QUOTE ]
And how does the author know what the clearance is for the position Karl Rove holds?

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not ask him, not me? It doesn't make much sense for a political advisor to have access to NOC agents in the CIA. I could be wrong though. A few minutes of google have turned up inconclusive on whether or not Rove does have enough clearance.

Another thing to keep in mind (from wikipedia):
Rove's lawyer, however, asserted that Rove "never knowingly disclosed classified information" and that "he did not tell any reporter that Valerie Plame worked for the CIA." Furthermore, Luskin said that Rove himself had testified before the grand jury "two or three times" (three times, according to the Los Angeles Times of 3 July 2005 ) and signed a waiver authorizing reporters to testify about their conversations with him and that Rove "has answered every question that has been put to him about his conversations with Cooper and anybody else."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Ro...rie_Plame_leak

If Karl Rove is the leak, why would he release all reporters of their confidentiality regarding any interviews with him? Why would he be cooperating with the investigation if he was the leaker?

Anyway, I appreciate that you decided to actually comment on the content of the article instead of disparging irrelevant articles.