View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: Simon Trumper\'s reply on ESPN

[ QUOTE ]
Dipshit, the only reason they aren't doing is common courtesy, the thing that Trumper chucks over the side with this play. There isn't a single rule beyond the option of calling a clock preventing a chip leader from stalling on every action he has to shorten the # of hands per level. Someone who does it excessively with even farily regular decision is costing money as is some prima donna like Helmuth playing for TV time, it's accepted that once in a while someone will face a truly difficult decision and are allowed time as a courtesy among players, most online poker sites work just fine with a fixed time allotment.

By your genius assertion of whatever makes me $ is good regardless of negative impact on other players, collusion is just fine too.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is definitely something funny-but-sad about people who start out with "dipshit" in a post where they're pitching for "common courtesy". That's almost (but not quite) as entertaining as people who threaten to "kick a person's teeth in" because they think he was rude to...someone else!

What's wrong with you guys?

There is a point here that can actually be discussed regarding whether an individual player "owes something" to the other players in terms of courtesy, when he stands to pick up more chips with the "rude" play. I think that's a bunch of nonesense, but other good players appear to think that people (or other people, at any rate) should solve that common pool problem through charity, rather than the way the rest of civilization solves it (i.e., with a law). Whatever, mildly interesting point, but not something that calls for heated rhetoric.