View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 04:51 PM

Default Re: 6max on stars vs 6max on party

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How closely do the skill levels of players on Stars relate to those on Party? I'm playing 2/4 6max on Stars right now and wandering where those levels of players fit in the PArty rankings.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 2/4 at Stars but tried out 3/6 at Party for the last bonus and I think I'm staying at Party.

There is definately a difference, both in style and skill, but I'm not sure how to describe it. There seem to be a much larger pool of players that are reasonable pre-flop at Party but at the same time I see a lot of over-aggression post-flop... maybe it is the 3/6 full players that have heard that you should be "more aggressive" but don't quite know when. I also think the Party players are more diverse in there style than 2/4 Stars, which probably comes with the larger number of players at Party. Maybe Party is a notch more aggressive overall.

So in short, it doesn't seem to be more difficult to me. Different but not more difficult. There are more players that play alright pre-flop, at least when I play, and you will run into more types of players more often than at Stars.

Also, when moving up I would suggest you take some forum regulars comments about it being incredibly soft etc. with a grain of salt. Sorry guys, but you moving down from 10/20 or whatever, trying a couple of thousand hands and declaring it soft does not make it so for us coming from the other direction. But overall I like it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, that was very helpful, I was just asking because before I move there to do this bonus I didn't wanna try to move up to 3/6 and find out stars 2/4 = party 1/2 or something silly like that.