View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 04:01 PM

Default Re: $40/$80 hand at the Borgata

I think naming the villain in this hand is kosher; you're asking for help gaining insight into his play.

The thing about bad players is they come in so many varieties. Did he think for 30 seconds because he has trip queens and was trying to figure out if you did, too? Yes, that's impossible, but that's what makes these guys bad players. Did he have an open straight and spend 30 seconds trying to figure out if he should go for it? Did he have TT and spend 30 seconds trying to figure out if you had QQ? Did he have AA and spend 30 seconds trying to figure out if he should keep going? Did he have 72o and spend 30 seconds asking his kharma if he was going to win this hand?

Cuz really, the last one is the most likely. If BB wasn't a fool with his money, he wouldn't be in the 40/80 with no skills.

If CO is tight, I'd put him on AQs here, for the preflop call and the flop raise. KQ, KJs, QJs also possible. How tight is he? Calling a raise preflop isn't normally kosher among this community; I'd hazard that he's not a great player, just tight.

These guys are hesitant because they have good hands but think you have something even stronger. If they were going for a CR, then either they're green (and could not make that decision quickly) or very good (and hence trying to psych you out). But I wouldn't give them credit.

NO FREE CARDS!