Thread: Opinion Wanted
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2003, 01:22 AM

Default Re: Opinion Wanted

Hello Mason,

I'll take a stab at this..

I am going to assume that it was a full game here as you didn't say it was shorthanded!

I am also going to assume that the person with the K showing was a relatively solid player, as you didn't say otherwise.

The key to this hand is that it is only a standard $5 ante game! not the overante $10 game at the Mirage ( if that game still goes, it was when I was out there last August. I guess I will see this August when I am back )

Since it is just a $5 ante game, what I do now is largely dependant on how the opponent with the K showing plays.

Most players here might say that it is either a raise or fold here ( and with the $10 ante it is a clear Raise ) indicating you would like to play heads-up with the 7. But I am going to be in the minority here and say a call is just fine.

Why call! Well since you didn't indicate otherwise ( as I asked above ) that the K was overly aggressive, or anything else was leaking in his game.......... I am sure that you have some respect when you enter a pot. If the K DOES raise, then you can play accordingly. If he FOLDS, you are playing against just the bring-in and the other 7 and you have ( basically ) accomplished the same thing.

Also, by just calling here, it allows you to play the hand differently on later streets than it would if you raised. ( I.E representing a flush draw or made trips or something like that )

By the way, your hand is nothing to be too excited about here. Folding isn't that bad of an option here...

CJ