View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Simon Trumper\'s reply on ESPN

[ QUOTE ]
You haven't addressed the chip leader stalling issue at all which is highly, highly relevant. You haven't addressed people playing for media time, which is becoming more common.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I think - and what I'm pretty sure I've said - is that certain kinds of stalling are substantially different from other kinds. I don't see a short stack stalling in a tournament where they don't move to hand-for-hand in order to get past the bubble being in the same ballpark as Trumper's move. I think they are wildly different. You don't seem to think so, but I can't understand your reasons why.

[ QUOTE ]

Pretending to have a difficult decision when you don't is doing exactly that. A highly aggressive blind stealer who excessively drags out the drama when he's caught raising with 9-6 offsuit when a Dan Harrington type comes over the top is doing exactly the same thing, 5-15 seconds, the regularly accepted time to make a decision isn't the same as taking 2 minutes but you're trying to compare them when there is nothing in common.

[/ QUOTE ]

Define excessively. This is my whole point. They are EXACTLY the same thing and differ only in degree.