View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Simon Trumper\'s reply on ESPN

The problem is that use of this sort of move wrecks the game for everyone because if either people start to do it with any regularlity or start using the obvious counter measure of calling a clock or doing it yourself it wrecks the game. Do you like the prospect of playing only 1/3 of the # hands you otherwise would per level? Poker becomes a idiotic PokerSuperstars II all in fest that way because you're not gettting the opportunity to make headway before the blinds increase. If you call a clock on someone who does this every time, the floor staff is completely wrecked, all they do is run from table to table monitoring clocks and there aren't usually enough to do that and it's stupid anyway.

If I sit at the table with some idiot who does this, I'll call a clock on them every single action they take which is a total drag. I don't really have a choice, their behaviour is disrupting my ability to play the game so in return I owe them no courtesy whatsoever and frankly in a private side game where I have some say as to who is involved, an ass like this isn't welcome, just like a known angle shooter.