View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 10:44 AM

Default Re: tough spot with Kings...

[ QUOTE ]
i have kk in sb with about $850. button (~$600) has raised a limper to $20. also, button is probably one of the tighter players at the table. i reraise to $30.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the point of reraising $10 more dollars here? That's like shooting yourself in the foot (or wallet for that matter).

His reraise could mean so many things depending on his read on you. If you are going to reraise here I would up it to ~$75 and considering folding to resistance from a really tight player.

I would probably just call here and check-raise the flop.

Regarding your question of whether or not it is "time to lay down the kings", I would consider calling the three bet...only because of the size of your raise. The are a lot of holdings that you beat at this point and he might be protecting QQ, JJ...etc.

IMO, $200 seems a bit excessive for AA considering you're f'd up reraise and the fact that short-handed games tend to play more aggressive.

At this point, how you finish the hand is read dependent and you mis-played it from the start. The conservative and most-likely correct option would be to fold given your particular read on your opponent.

Remember, you raise not only to get more money in the pot but also to gauge where your hand stands in relation to your opponents'.