View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Simon Trumper\'s reply on ESPN

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If this kind of thing goes on, what will occur is that players will have the clock called on them as soon as it is their action. Effectively there will be a one-minute time limit on all decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. This is the kind of impact people seem to be blind to when defending this play. Imagine what fun it would be to have to call the clock instantly on everyone all the time, just in case. I'm sure the already beleaguered floor staff would enjoy it as well.

I know we're all trying to take one another's money but is it so impossible to be decent about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.... That was pretty much my point as well.

The time clock is for a reason. It is for someone who constantly take excessive time. I'm furious when I get a clock called on me. I play faster than most. Maybe ONCE a tournament I take 30 secs to 1 minute. I think from time to time it's ok to take that extra time. The some jerk calls time 20 secs into it and I'm thinking they're abusing the rules.

If there was an easy way to do it like the internet I'd be all for it. You have a time bank and once you use that up all you have is the regular amount of time.