View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: \"Fold, keep your image tight so you can steal more later\"

"going out of your way and passing up good spots in order to possibly change the way one or two opponents might think about you"

I rarely go out of my way to pass up these +ev opportunities. Playing these situations aggressively is just as important for your table image as playing tight and folding allot. As long as my read tells me I am ahead I will call or raise. I once put my tounament on the line to call another 2+2ers all in raise with K-5o because I was sure he was raising any 2. sure enough he had a 8xo type hand. He won the hand but from that play on he will never confuse my tight game with a weak game. Level 1-3 is the only exception where I am a little less aggressive with these spots because I know I can still find them after level 4. For example lets say its level 1 and I hold AK facing an all in bet. my read says I am most likely a coin flip but there is only a slight chance he may be holding a dominated A. I will easily fold here. My reads are good enough that I can pass on probable coin flips and take them later when the correlation is higher for me to finish itm.