View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Am I insane? (89s in huge pot)

Don 't have much to say about the hand, other than that I don't necessarily agree with everyone who says that positing in EP is so dumb in a small stakes game.

When you post, you expect a random hand, which will win fewer than less than it's fair share, and you get to play one additional hand for free, which may also win a nice sized pot. I think a good player can expect to get about 15 cents of this money back. It may take 3 minutes to wait for the blind. Three minutes of my time is worth much more to me than 10 cents, so I would be willing to post in this situation.

I think some people get too caught up with the bottom line. There is a tendency to look down on players who have any motivation other than proifit. This is a mistake. If I our goal was truly to maximize our hourly earnings, any of us would do a whole lot better moonlighting as waitrers and waitresses at TGI Fridays than we ever will playing $1/$2 limit poker. I don't care how many tables you play. So it really isn't all about the money for any of us. If someone wants to sacrifice a few cents of e.v. for the sake of enjoying himself, try not to knock him for it.