View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Tough situation with ATs

I've learned a lot from reading this forum but I haven't actually posted any hands before. I thought I would ask for your help on a tough situation I encountered a couple days ago. Unfortunately, I don't have the exact hand history with me at the moment, but I remember the hand very well. I apologize if the format is a little different.

Absolute Poker 25c/50c (9 handed)
No real reads on any of the players as I had just joined the table. People were playing pretty loose, about 4-5 people per flop.

Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Preflop:
Two limpers in front of me - one in EP and one in MP
Hero raises, both blinds call, both limpers call

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 handed)
Everyone checks to Hero, Hero checks

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 handed)
SB bets out, everyone folds to Hero, Hero calls

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 handed)
SB bets again, Hero calls

In particular, I'm not sure what I should have done on the turn, but comments on any of the streets are welcome. The problem is that even though the best possible card for me hit on the turn, my T doesn't play, so I'm splitting at best if SB has an ace. Calling down feels somewhat loose passive here. Would you play it differently?