View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: As you know, I\'m a calling station.. Hand Vs. Roland.

Bart,

Thank you for the lengthy response. Your opinions and thoughts are appreciated.

Just to clear something up, RunningBad was supposed to be a description, it is not the players screen name. He was a solid player who had been having a tough night, and I sensed he was tilting. (I almost came over the top of him with a pair of sixes and a 3 kicker when he raised his K UTG.) I also feel these plays work better for a player capable of folding the river for 1 bet, but I am rarely so confident in a read. I suppose if I bet into my opponent on fifth and he calls, i can assume he has something...

One thing that I'm starting to question a little bit more though is the "get it heads up" philosophy of 7CSFAP in applying it to 10/20 online which has a $1 ante and a $3 BI. I just don't think the math really works out in this strucute. I feel like with this tight ante structure, I don't want to be making these kinds of plays against someone like Roland who is going to have what he is representing 85% of the time, 10% of the time has something better, and 5% of the time has something close.

I'm going to start spending more time each day working out some simulations and doing the math for the EV of each situation.