View Single Post
Old 07-07-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Medium PPs - line Check Please

OK, I'll play this game. I've recently played in a game with you, and I can see that you play middle pairs very weak and then strong. For example, I watched you limp in level 5 with 88, and call my push with AQ. Luckily I won (me small stack), but I find that trapping with 88 not to be very successful (~50% [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]), and that seeing a flop not very productive at this level.

Anyway, to your hands.

Hand 1: 99 has some high card value to it. But I definately don't like limping with it on level 3. Furthermore, your position is atrocious. If you had 99 in the CO and one limper or it was folded to you, I like a raise, but here, UTG, I'm sure I'd muck it with your sized stack.

Hand 2: CO raising 33% of his stack is a sign that he has a real hand, IMO. That range is likely 88+, AJ+. And if you push over him, you're in a race or worse. I think calling this is terrible, so your only choices are to push or fold. I prefer the fold. Weak tight early. If CO had just pushed, I would think you could include A5+, and 44+ for his hand range, but the raise to t100 is a sign that his hand strength is better than that.

Hand 3: Well, I have rules that I follow that keep me out of trouble early. JJ falls into one of those rules. Don't get in trouble with it. I will sometimes raise from CO with JJ, so I don't have a quarrel here (though your size is probably more than it needs to be). But I don't call an allin early unless I have QQ. BUT, if you fold, you're left with t450. I'm rarely in this scenario. I'm pretty sure I might pull a coin out of the drawer and flip. And whatever side lands, I'd say, "Oh, I call." With your stack this small preflop, next time I'd limp. It makes this easier to play.