View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Estimated Quarterly Tax payments?

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh.

This couple. They wrote Gambling and Taxes:
http://www.rbstaxes.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, I tried hiring those clowns to do my annual taxes last year, and they were a mess.

The quoted me one price, and then when I sent them the stuff they waited until the last minute and then told me that it would cost twice as much.

"Well you said you only had 1 or 2 mutual funds. I see more than that here." Bullshit, I told exactly what I had when they quoted me the price.

"Well, with more mutual funds, it's more paperwork." Bullshit, I told them upfront that they had to do a Schedule D, and that's all that's important.

"You have to do a special Form XYZ, we didn't know that." Bullshit, I told them upfront, and it takes about 3 minutes to fill out.

"Well you are filing as a professionable gambler...". WTF!?! "I sent you W-2's from 2 different jobs!" "Well, we never received them." "Well, you lost them, and you damn well better find them." "Oh, here they are." I would think you would have that crap together before you call your customer back to tell them you're doubling his fee.

After I demanding that the overnight my forms back and hung up, another guy calls back to negoiate the price. I felt like I was buying a goddamned used car.

I don't know if they are liars or just idiots, but I'll never use them again, and I'd discourage anyone else from using them.

I bought the fancy pants version of TurboTax, and never looked back.