View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: \"Fold, keep your image tight so you can steal more later\"

[ QUOTE ]

b) in general, even if they know that you're entirely nuts, they're not correct, by icm, to call you in the late game anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or more likely you are wrong, by icm, to push into them (assuming they are poor players) in the late game because you misjudge their calling range and even more importantly forget that bad players sometimes just had enough of you pushing and will call with Q9.

I think related to this subject is showing what hands you have. I sometimes show donks that is sitting to my immediate left (that sees 50% of flops) AK two times in a row just because I don't want them to call next time I push. Of course any thinking player at the table know I am only showing my good hands. I don't care. They already know what I am doing anyway. I only care about the donk thinking I am lucky and be more likely to fold to my next push.

The success of such a strategy is of course debatable. Even poor players have a brain and are able to figure out obvious patterns. But I think as long as I play the 22s it doesn't hurt me at least, and possibly helping me.