View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Live 6/12 Dream Table

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Your goal in poker is not to make them play incorrectly. Your goal is to make the most money.

[/ QUOTE ]

The way to make the most money is when your opponents make more mistakes than you do. Exploiting situations where your opponent has to fold or make an unprofitable call is the essence of winning poker. So I don't really know what you mean.

Also, I'm amazed to see yet another post from you that recommends complete and total unchecked aggression at all times. Now I now how to impress you in any advice situation: raise! raise! raise! bet! bet! raise! reraise!

(Disclaimer: OP not raising AA preflop is very bad)

[/ QUOTE ]

"Complete and total unchecked aggression" yes ... WITH ACES PREFLOP. Not "at all times". And I don't think my posts have any record at all of suggesting complete and total aggression at all times (i.e., heedless aggression) in any case.

With respect to my comments about the difference between trying to make your opponents play bad and winning money ... here is the explanation:

By attempting to manipulate the pot size so that it remains SMALLER while you are AHEAD merely to make the fishy chasers make a "mistake" by calling is a clear example of trying to make your opponents play incorrectly instead of trying to win the most money. When you are ahead and you know you are ahead, you put money in, particularly when you are against weak competition who rarely fold regardless of odds anyways. You *want* chasers in a big pot with aces, every time. That's what I meant.

~ Tilts