View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Ethics of picking up a girl at work

This summer, I am working as a waiter/bartender at a restaurant near my house. This is the restaurant for my golf course, so the general customer base is middle-aged to older men, and older women. However, we do get the occasional young female come in, and actually quite a few of them when we host weddings.

A couple of days ago, a rather attractive young girl came in with her mom (or older sister?) There was an obvious connection, as she kept looking over at me and smiling etc. I talked to her a bit, and found out that she was from town, but they had just won a night's stay at the guest ranch beside the golf course and that's why they were out here.

My question is this: seeing as how I am on shift and representing my company, would it be wrong for me to ask for a number, or suggest some other form of contacting this girl again? She does live in my town, but the chances of me running into her again by chance are pretty close to zero. At first, I did not think it would be a big deal to ask, but then I thought it might reflect bad on the company if staff is asking out customers. Would my boss have reason to be upset if I did this? Should I have gone for it, or should I have realized there are other girls out there and this is neither the place nor the time?