View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 07:41 AM

Default Re: QQ in oversized pot, your move on the flop?

I can't think of a single hand, besides 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], that would be "getting odds" if you push on the flop. I also don't see how someone with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] can call there.

I don't understand how, when you say flat out that there are a lot of draws out there, that you should just call a 1/7 pot bet with an overpair on the flop.

I don't see how your example of a raise is a raise to well over the size of the pot + the original bet; why not just pot it or even 3/4 pot it? I think it gets the point across.

I also don't see how you'd be pot committed after raising that flop. If a K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] comes on the turn, I will fold to nearly any bet.

Calling that flop bet is just paying $50 to either get reraised or have a scare card hit. Maybe I give my opponents too much credit, but this is one of those times when I feel like I have a marginal hand that's just not going to hold up here.