View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Re: I\'m way too competitive

ive recently come to a significant realization in that i become far more mad when i am losing than happy when i am winning, and as a result it causes me to enjoy the activity far less as im angry more often than im happy.

this has a huge negative influence on my poker play and is something that im trying to find a solution to.

one thing that i have realized is that in general, i am alot less competitive in most things than i used to be. i used to be that guy who had to win no matter what game he was playing. now i really dont care as much.

being competitive gives you that killer drive that will make you the better than anyone else on average. when you lose that edge you are far less likely to succeed in your attempts at things in life.

you need to find a nice mix of being extremely competitive, but enjoy winning more than hating losing while understanding that losing is just part of the game and its no big deal. i think it may be humanly impossible to find an optimal mix of those two mindsets but in a perfect world it would be ideal.