View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Playas Club poker chips?

[ QUOTE ]
There was a thread about this maybe a month ago--someone asked if anyone had purchased these chips. As I recollect, the chips weren't ready for sale yet. One of the chip designers responds to this site.

I emailed the company to ask if they sold sample chips (via their contact page on the site) but never got a response. I think I'd try to get some definitive response from the company that these chips are ready for sale before I gave them any money. It would concern me that when you go to the site, they don't have images of the actual chips but just of the chip design.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually ordered these way back when it was still in its infancy pre-order stage. I then ran into some financial trouble and had to cancel the pre-order and got my money back.

When the first batch was made, he accidentally sent me the set I had ordered anyway. I contacted him about it and asked if he wanted me to forward them to someone who was waiting on an order since he had sold out. Before sending them out, I got to check them out and play around with them a little bit.

They are heavy...very very heavy. The graphic is a sticker, but it has a silk screening to it and it is not apparent that it is a sticker. The design looks really nice, even up close. They werent very slick, but also did not have a huge tactile feel to them.

Overall for the money, I felt they were a decent value compared to the rest of the composite slug chips out there. Too heavy for me though and I am very much a compression molded clay chip person, so I don't like much else.

The guy who runs the company is a nice guy who frequents another board I read. He seems to be completely legit, though I will not vouch for him totally heh. I can say that I ordered chips and I got them anyway, even though I cancelled [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but of course could not keep them in good conscience.