View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Advice for college

[ QUOTE ]
6) I recommend not joining a frat. I'm not going to explain why since I'll probably get flamed by those who are or were in a frat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's funny how most people who didn't join fraternities don't recommend them and people who did think they are the best thing you can do in college.

Advice on fraternities:

the good: you meet tons of chicks, get drunk a lot with little to no interference w/ the cops (depending on the quality of your greek system), you make a TON of connections on and off campus (alumni can set you up with jobs just because you are a brother), and you instantly make 30-40 friends simply by joining.

the bad: you carry the obvious stigma of being a "stupid drunken frat boy" but that label is generally carried with people who know little or no people who are in fraternities/sororites so you don't have to deal with it much.

Although Animal House is a pretty accurate depiction of some fraternities (both omega and delta), you'll be surprised at how little you actually know about fraternities. So go through rush, and see if you enjoy it. Don't write off fraternities before giving them a chance, because there is a good fit for ANYONE on every campus (and i'm sure that holds true at IU as well).