View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Nothing beats a ROYAL FLUSH !!!

Too much to make fun of...Um...let me see.... First of all, not that it matters as this is neither a particularly interesting, poignant, or relevant post in terms of the POINT of this forum, but let me start by saying, dude, its not that bad a beat. You had the nut flush draw and a gut shot broadway straight draw on the flop...any "D" including the "D" of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] would have made you the best hand. Also, you could have caught an A or K on the turn to give you even more outs...most of the time when you flop the nut flush draw, with two overcards, and a gut shot straight draw, you will win, not that surprising. It would have been a bad beat for YOU had you caught only the nut flush on the turn, or any "D" other than the "D" of [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], knowing the 7 was coming on the river to make your buddy the boat of course. You just happened to catch the best possible card imaginable. Not only that, but it can't be a bad beat for anyone if you have the absolute nuts and someone goes all-in because they have a strong hand as well, thats just being really really lucky on your part. However, if you had both gone all-in on the flop, the 7 came on the turn, and the "D" [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] came on the river, THAT would be a bad beat, and a bit more of an interesting story, although laughably irrelevant regardless. Also, how was this not all-in on the flop? Also, why was this posted at all? No offense, but it adds nothing to the forum IMHO. I feel I've wasted at least 10 minutes of my life that I will never get back to read this thread and respond henceforth. Oh yeah, if you're ever looking for a game...pm me your info...