View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Ocean Jewel 7/2 report

I woke up nice and early Saturday morning (like 8am) and went to their web site. Instead of shuttle times, it just had a message stating that no shuttles were scheduled due to maintenance issues.

I checked the site again at about 10:30... no change. So, I called their hotline and the guy told me that the problem was fixed, but they weren't running the shuttles until 9pm.

A friend and I decided to go to play at Derby for a few hours since: 1. it's pretty close to his house; and 2. it's closer to Clearwater/St Pete than my house. I think I like the $2 straight limit there because it seemed pretty soft/passive/fishy/friendly, but maybe I just had a good table.

We left at 7pm and I was up $31, which is pretty good for 3 hours at that limit. I called the Ocean Jewel hotline again only to be told that they weren't going to be running until the next day. (Thank you to all the people who stressed calling 1st instead of just showing up.)

Moral: CALL FIRST!! CALL WHEN YOU'RE 1/2 WAY!!! CALL WHEN YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!!!!

I may not attempt to go there again. It seems like it would be less trouble to plan a trip to vegas for the weekend.

Also: How to they expect to stay in business when they can't assure that they are open on a holiday weekend Saturday?!?!?!? If their maintenance is that big of a problem, do I really want to be stuck on their boat???