View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Game selection- How important for the complete player?

Obviously, if everyone is as good as or better than said player, it is. But what players who dilligently seek out the games with the biggest VPiP are reporting 5 or 6 BB's per 100 over a significant sample size?

I remember daryn once saying to a poster who claimed to always be watching the lobby, "You do that?". I figured that this meant that if you are a skilled player you can adjust to the conditions and do just as well.

I guess the idea I am positing is this;

You only get so many winners and they only win so much. All the TPTK hands that get run down in a wild game consistently win small pots in tighter games. How you respond in specific situations and hand reading will impact your overall winrate but, ultimately, there is a cap on limit full-ring game profits and, if you are a superior player that can adapt, you won't win any more in laggy or lappy games over the long haul than you will in a weak-tight or an inferior to you taggish game.

Just an idea I've had for some time now. Not married to it so feel free to recommmend that I take a minute out of the day to pull my head out of my ass. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]