View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 09:23 AM

Default Silly Newb Questions (Didn\'t there used to be a sticky in this forum?)

I am starting to play S&G's again, and I have a slew of basic questions. I could have sworn there was an FAQ in this forum.

Quick background: I have been very successful at MTTs, and moderately successful at ring games of various types and structures. I have played a lot of STTs, most at the $30 level and below, and had a lot of success there, too. I haven't seriously played them for over a year though, until starting recently (~80 50+5's in the past couple weeks). So, on with the newb questions:

What are fair, average, good, and very good ROI's at the various levels of party S&G's? (ROI is defined as net/total invested for S&G's, no?)

How many S&G's does it take to get a good idea of your ROI at a given level? 1K, 10K, 25K?

What are the bankroll rules of thumb for S&G's? 40 buy ins seems reasonable for the 50+5's, but I just pull that number out of the air. (I know it will depend on your ROI and ITM%, I'm just looking for the general area right now since I don't have the sample size to assess ROI or ITM.)

What are some of the common tools and sheets you all use? I know about eastbay's tool, but I have seen mention of some spreadsheets and such. (I have been searching some, and will search some more, but if someone happens to have threads discussing those favorited a link would be great.) I have couple of things that I have been working on for MTTs, but I would hate to reinvent a bunch of spreadsheets if I could help it.

How many S&G's can you play an hour on average if you 4 table? So far, I'm thinking about 10 in 2-2.5 hours. I think in the middle of a session it may be closer to 6/hour or more, but the rate is low on the tail end of a session.

How many S&G's can someone play at once? I am doing 4 right now, which seems fine. I am wondering how many poeple 6, 8, or more table these things.

Thanks for your time.