View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 07:22 AM

Default Re: the real simon trumper

[ QUOTE ]
I talked to Huck (who was at the table) and he said it was between two and five minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

Barry, with all due respect, there is a HUGE difference between 2 minutes and 10 minutes. Iīm not saing that 2 minutes is ok, since it still is a (probably too) long time, but not quite as terrible as 10 minutes. Of course, you might not have stated that it was 10 minutes at all, but since you didnīt object to this detail of the ESPN article I guess thatīs what you stated originally.

BTW, if I was on the table, and I definetly havenīt spent as much time on poker tables as Huck Seed (most probably less than 5% of the time Huck spent), I would know the difference between 2 and 5 minutes. The difference is so huge, that this statemend alone is ridiculous.

[ QUOTE ]
Johnny Chan (at the adjacent table) accurately told Huck that Simon does that with the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I donīt know if Simon does that with the nuts on a regulary basis (I havenīt seen it yet), but I do know that he did it at least once with KK preflop and folded after more than 10 minutes. (actually the hand was declared dead after the clock was put on him)

From the ESPN article:

[ QUOTE ]
Even when he turned his hand over,'' Greenstein said, "he turned over the 8 of spades, and then the ace of spades. He slow-rolled his hand.''

[/ QUOTE ]

Iīd really be curious about this statement, since I canīt imagine Simon to slowroll you and there seem to have been witnessen whoīs point of view seem to differ from yours. Did you make that accusation and what about the (seemingly) statement of Barney, Peter and Huck?

Martin Aigner