View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 07:04 AM

Default Re: the real simon trumper

[ QUOTE ]
Now if that is true, and since I donīt know Barry G personally, but do know Simon Trumper, Barney Boatman and Peter Costa, I tend to believe Simons version. Barry G seems to have made a huge [censored] out of himself. Of course the truth might just lie in between the two statements, but again, Barney B and Peter C seem to be very reliable people to have as witnesses. To difame somebody just because being outplayed is classless and even worse than playing an act plus slowrolling somebody. Now I do know that Barry G does lots of good things for both society and the promotion of poker, but this doesnīt make up for what Mathilde says he did here.

Again, those who werenīt at the table and have no first hand knowledge canīt know for sure, but the witnesses brought up by Simon seem to be as reliable as they get.

Martin Aigner

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I talked to Huck (who was at the table) and he said it was between two and five minutes. He wasn't sure because he left the table and discussed the big pot with people at neighboring tables. Johnny Chan (at the adjacent table) accurately told Huck that Simon does that with the nuts.

2. I have conditioned myself not to react after losing a big pot, so I said nothing initially. I was upset at myself that I bet on the river, since I had initially planned on checking if a spade came off or the board paired.

3. I didn't think Simon should have been barred, but I didn't like what he did and I decided to rile him up.

4. I talked to Simon directly because I don't generally talk behind people's backs.

Barry