View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 06:48 AM

Default Re: the real simon trumper

[ QUOTE ]
Every word he wrote is dead-on. If you can't see what makes it different then read it again.

There are a great many "tragedy of the commons" type behaviors that it is understood you just don't do because (as he clearly spells out) the "defense" against them is for everyone to do them, and everyone loses big if everyone does them. Dragging out a river check-raise with the nuts is the most unambiguous example of this I can think of.

If you play any number of tournaments you should know exactly what he is talking about. If you don't then your opinion has no relevance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree this type of behaviour is completely disgusting, no outplaying was involved if the discription is accurate. What I don't understand and forgive me I'm not the best Omaha player in the world, is why Barry doesn't just check behind here would a worse flush draw call the turn bet, would a set pay off on the river? I can only see one reasonable hand Trumper could have, and he needs the whole stack to make his turn call correct, seems like a check behind situation to me.

Regards Mack