View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Im done ( long, do not respond, just venting )

[ QUOTE ]
Whether or not the origanl posters claims were true or false is completey insignificane. He was not concerned with the truth or statistics.

The words of our hero, were the words of a man who had just watched his God die.

Losing your only hobby puts one in a huge identity crisis. Golf did something similiar to me. I had to throw away my Titliest hats, and take on a whole new persona because golf was the cornerstone of my identify. After about 14 months golf and I have kissed and made up and my game is back on track. Point is, sure his play was probably over simplified with his I am sooo tight and soo aggressive claims, while I would rather here a claim like I was appropriately tight and appropriatly aggressive. But like I said - who cares, the point is that he lost his hobby, and his faith. I play games with a religious ferver and I have a great sympothy for our hero. I know the feeling far too well.

I will raise my glass for this man, good luck god bless.
Peacefulness

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, I have much empathy for Jimmy. I have faith that he will find another hobby. The only constant thing in life is change. Personaly I think there are many more significant/productive/happiness-inducing things a person can do with their life than play poker. I feel jimmy's pain though. The loss of something you love to do is painful. If he really gives up the game he'll eventually come to terms with it and find something to replace it. I wish him the best of luck.